The nature of how people communicate has changed in the last twenty years in ways that no one could have predicted. So when it comes to a day like today, built around telling someone special exactly how you feel, there are now a multitude of public, private, digital and non-diital ways to do it. What may surprise you is that a poll conducted by The Carphone Warehouse has revealed that 53% of people use their mobile phone to say I love you on St. Valentine's Day.
The poll also revealed:
- Only 2% of people favour a traditional love letter to say “I love you”
- 20% of people have sent a saucy text to the wrong person
- 89% of people would not break up with someone via text or in an email
- Flowers are the most popular gift to buy online (36%) for a loved one on Valentine’s Day, with DVD’s and CD’s the next most popular online gifts
- The gift people most covet is the iPad, with the iPhone and other smartphones following closely behind
Visit www.carphonewarehouse.ie for more information.